- [noun] the state of being allied or confederated
- [noun] a connection based on kinship or marriage or common interest; "the shifting alliances within a large family"; "their friendship constitutes a powerful bond between them"
- [noun] an organization of people (or countries) involved in a pact or treaty
Synonyms: coalition, alignment, alinement
- [noun] a formal agreement establishing an association or alliance between nations or other groups to achieve a particular aim
- [noun] the act of forming an alliance or confederation