- [noun] a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance
Synonyms: choler, ire
- [noun] the state of being angry
- [noun] belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
Synonyms: wrath, ire, ira
- [verb] make angry; "The news angered him"
- [verb] become angry; "He angers easily"
Synonyms: see red
infuriate, exasperate, incense
exacerbate, exasperate, aggravate
- raise the roof
fury, rage, madness
umbrage, offense, offence
bad temper, ill temper
annoyance, chafe, vexation