- [noun] an elderly man
Synonyms: old-timer, oldtimer, gaffer, old geezer
- [noun] any piece of furniture or decorative object or the like produced in a former period and valuable because of its beauty or rarity
- [verb] shop for antiques; "We went antiquing on Saturday"
- [verb] give an antique appearance to; "antique furniture"
- [adjective] made in or typical of earlier times and valued for its age; "the beautiful antique French furniture"
- [adjective] out of fashion; "a suit of rather antique appearance"; "demode (or outmoded) attire"; "outmoded ideas"
Synonyms: demode, ex, old-fashioned, old-hat, outmoded, passe, passee
- [adjective] belonging to or lasting from times long ago; "age-old customs"; "the antique fear that days would dwindle away to complete darkness"