- [noun] unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training
Synonyms: clumsiness, ineptness, ineptitude, maladroitness, slowness
- [noun] the quality of an embarrassing situation; "he sensed the awkwardness of his proposal"
Synonyms: nuisance value
- [noun] the carriage of someone whose movements and posture are ungainly or inelegant
- [noun] the inelegance of someone stiff and unrelaxed (as by embarrassment)
Synonyms: clumsiness, gracelessness, stiffness
- [noun] trouble in carrying or managing caused by bulk or shape; "the movers cursed the unwieldiness of the big piano"
Synonyms: cumbersomeness, unwieldiness