- [noun] the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
Synonyms: face fungus, whiskers
- [noun] a tuft or growth of hairs or bristles on certain plants such as iris or grasses
- [noun] a person who diverts suspicion from someone (especially a woman who accompanies a male homosexual in order to conceal his homosexuality)
- [noun] hairy growth on or near the face of certain mammals
- [noun] tuft of strong filaments by which e.g. a mussel makes itself fast to a fixed surface
- [verb] go along the rim, like a beard around the chin; "Houses bearded the top of the heights"