- [noun] endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
- [noun] a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
- [noun] an elongated region where a specific condition is found; "a belt of high pressure"
- [noun] a vigorous blow; "the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
Synonyms: knock, bash, bang, smash
- [noun] a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
- [noun] the act of hitting vigorously; "he gave the table a whack"
Synonyms: knock, rap, whack, whang
- [verb] sing loudly and forcefully
- [verb] deliver a blow to; "He belted his opponent"
- [verb] fasten with a belt; "belt your trousers"
conveyer belt, conveyor belt, conveyer, conveyor, transporter
- driving belt
- fan belt
track, caterpillar track, caterpillar tread
- cartridge belt
- money belt
safety belt, life belt, safety harness
- Sam Browne belt
- asteroid belt
- Bible Belt
- Corn Belt
- Van Allen belt