- [adjective] doing or producing good
Synonyms: beneficent, gracious
- [adjective] intending or showing kindness; "a benevolent society"
- [adjective] having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others; "his benevolent smile"; "a benevolent nature"
- [adjective] generous in providing aid to others
- [adjective] generous in assistance to the poor; "a benevolent contributor"; "eleemosynary relief"; "philanthropic contributions"
Synonyms: beneficent, eleemosynary, philanthropic