- [noun] especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole
- [noun] a dashing young man; "gay young blades bragged of their amorous adventures"
- [noun] something long and thin resembling a blade of grass; "a blade of lint on his suit"
- [noun] a cutting or thrusting weapon with a long blade
Synonyms: sword, brand, steel
- [noun] a cut of beef from the shoulder blade
- [noun] a broad flat body part (as of the shoulder or tongue)
- [noun] the part of the skate that slides on the ice
- [noun] flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water
- [noun] the flat part of a tool or weapon that (usually) has a cutting edge