- [noun] the entire physical structure of an organism (especially an animal or human being); "he felt as if his whole body were on fire"
Synonyms: organic structure, physical structure
- [noun] body of a dead animal or person; "they found the body in the lake"
- [noun] a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity; "the whole body filed out of the auditorium"
- [noun] the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; "they moved their arms and legs and bodies"
Synonyms: torso, trunk
- [noun] an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects; "heavenly body"
- [noun] a collection of particulars considered as a system; "a body of law"; "a body of doctrine"; "a body of precedents"
- [noun] the external structure of a vehicle; "the body of the car was badly rusted"
- [noun] the property of holding together and retaining its shape; "when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake"
Synonyms: consistency, consistence
- [noun] the central message of a communication; "the body of the message was short"
- [verb] invest with or as with a body; give body to
- life form
human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh
- live body
cadaver, corpse, stiff, clay, remains
Sacred College, College of Cardinals
administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation
- electoral college
occupational group, vocation
inclusion body, cellular inclusion, inclusion