- [noun] the act of giving hope or support to someone
- [noun] an increase in cost; "they asked for a 10% rise in rates"
Synonyms: rise, hike, cost increase
- [noun] the act of giving an upward push; "he gave her a boost over the fence"
- [verb] increase; "The landlord hiked up the rents"
Synonyms: hike, hike up
- [verb] give a boost to; be beneficial to; "The tax cut will boost the economy"
- [verb] contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
Synonyms: promote, advance, further, encourage
- [verb] increase or raise; "boost the voltage in an electrical circuit"
Synonyms: advance, supercharge
- [verb] push or shove upward, as if from below or behind; "The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption"