- [noun] elegance by virtue of fineness of manner and expression
Synonyms: genteelness, gentility
- [noun] the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior); "a woman of breeding and refinement"
Synonyms: education, training
- [noun] raising someone to be an accepted member of the community; "they debated whether nature or nurture was more important"
Synonyms: bringing up, fostering, fosterage, nurture, raising, rearing, upbringing
- [noun] the production of animals or plants by inbreeding or hybridization
- [noun] the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
Synonyms: reproduction, procreation, facts of life
- [adjective] producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring; "the breeding population"; "retained a few bulls for breeding purposes"