- [noun] a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- [noun] a condensed written summary or abstract
- [verb] give essential information to someone; "The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
- [adjective] of short duration or distance; "a brief stay in the country"; "in a little while"; "it's a little way away"
- [adjective] concise and succinct; "covered the matter in a brief statement"
- [adjective] (of clothing) very short; "an abbreviated swimsuit"; "a brief bikini"