- [noun] a dense growth of bushes
Synonyms: wood, coppice, copse, thicket
- [noun] an implement that has hairs or bristles firmly set into a handle
- [noun] momentary contact
Synonyms: light touch
- [noun] conducts current between rotating and stationary parts of a generator or motor
- [noun] a minor short-term fight
Synonyms: clash, encounter, skirmish
- [noun] the act of brushing your teeth; "the dentist recommended two brushes a day"
- [noun] the act of brushing your hair; "he gave his hair a quick brush"
- [noun] contact with something dangerous or undesirable; "I had a brush with danger on my way to work"; "he tried to avoid any brushes with the police"
- [verb] rub with a brush, or as if with a brush; "Johnson brushed the hairs from his jacket"
- [verb] touch lightly and briefly; "He brushed the wall lightly"
- [verb] clean with a brush; "She brushed the suit before hanging it back into the closet"
- [verb] sweep across or over; "Her long skirt brushed the floor"; "A gasp swept cross the audience"
- [verb] remove with or as if with a brush; "brush away the crumbs"; "brush the dust from the jacket"; "brush aside the objections"
- [verb] cover by brushing; "brush the bread with melted butter"