- [noun] a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
Synonyms: vaulting horse, long horse
- [noun] a piece of paper money worth one dollar
Synonyms: dollar, dollar bill, one dollar bill, clam
- [noun] United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
Synonyms: Buck, Pearl Buck, Pearl Sydenstricker Buck
- [noun] a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
Synonyms: sawhorse, horse, saw
- [noun] mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- [verb] to strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
- [verb] resist; "buck the trend"
Synonyms: go against
- [verb] move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
Synonyms: tear, shoot, shoot down, charge
- [verb] jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
Synonyms: jerk, hitch
- [adjective] of the lowest rank in a category; "a buck private"