- [noun] a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"
Synonyms: rotter, dirty dog, rat, skunk, stinker, stinkpot, puke, crumb, lowlife, scum bag, so-and-so, git
- [noun] a disreputable vagrant; "a homeless tramp"; "he tried to help the really down-and-out bums"
Synonyms: tramp, hobo
- [noun] person who does no work; "a lazy bum"
Synonyms: idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout
- [noun] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
- [verb] ask for and get free; be a parasite
Synonyms: mooch, cadge, grub, sponge
- [verb] be lazy or idle; "Her son is just bumming around all day"
Synonyms: around, about, arse around, arse about, fuck off, loaf, frig around, waste one's time, lounge around, loll, loll around, lounge about
- [adjective] of very poor quality
Synonyms: cheap, cheesy, chintzy, crummy, punk, sleazy, tinny
dosser, street person
- clock watcher
- couch potato
dallier, dillydallier, dilly-dallier, mope, lounger
dawdler, drone, laggard, lagger, trailer
goldbrick, goof-off, ne'er-do-well, good-for-nothing, good-for-naught