- [noun] a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss"
Synonyms: fellow, feller, lad, gent, fella, blighter, cuss
- [noun] a long narrow depression in a surface
Synonyms: crevice, cranny, crack, fissure
- [noun] a crack in a lip caused usually by cold
- [noun] (usually in the plural) leather leggings without a seat; joined by a belt; often have flared outer flaps; worn over trousers by cowboys to protect their legs
- [verb] crack due to dehydration; "My lips chap in this dry weather"