- [noun] a travelling company of entertainers; including trained animals; "he ran away from home to join the circus"
- [noun] performance given by a traveling company of acrobats clowns and trained animals; "the children always love to go to the circus"
- [noun] a frenetic disorganized (and often comic) disturbance suggestive of a circus or carnival; "it was so funny it was a circus"; "the whole occasion had a carnival atmosphere"
- [noun] (antiquity) an open-air stadium for chariot races and gladiatorial games
- [noun] an arena consisting of an oval or circular area enclosed by tiers of seats and usually covered by a tent; "they used the elephants to help put up the circus"
- [noun] a genus of haws comprising the harriers
Synonyms: Circus, genus Circus