- [noun] a loud resonant repeating noise; "he could hear the clang of distant bells"
Synonyms: clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, crash
- [noun] a state of conflict between persons
- [noun] a state of conflict between colors; "her dress was a disturbing clash of colors"
- [noun] a minor short-term fight
Synonyms: brush, encounter, skirmish
- [verb] crash together with violent impact; "The cars collided"; "Two meteors clashed"
- [verb] be incompatible; be or come into conflict; "These colors clash"
Synonyms: jar, collide
- [verb] disagree violently; "We clashed over the new farm policies"