- [noun] sharp curved horny process on the toe of a bird or some mammals or reptiles
- [noun] a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- [noun] a structure like a pincer on the limb of a crustacean or other arthropods
Synonyms: chela, nipper, pincer
- [noun] a bird's foot that has claws
- [verb] move as if by clawing, seizing, or digging; "They clawed their way to the top of the mountain"
- [verb] clutch as if in panic; "She clawed the doorknob"
- [verb] scratch, scrape, pull, or dig with claws or nails
- [verb] attack as if with claws; "The politician clawed his rival"