- [noun] the highest point of anything conceived of as growing or developing or unfolding; "the climax of the artist's career"; "in the flood tide of his success"
Synonyms: flood tide
- [noun] the decisive moment in a novel or play; "the deathbed scene is the climax of the play"
- [noun] the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse
Synonyms: orgasm, sexual coming
- [noun] the most severe stage of a disease
- [noun] arrangement of clauses in ascending order of forcefulness
- [verb] end, especially to reach a final or climactic stage; "The meeting culminated in a tearful embrace"