- [verb] appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
Synonyms: come on, turn up, surface, show up
- [verb] come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
Synonyms: issue, emerge, come forth, go forth, egress
- [verb] be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- [verb] prove to be in the result or end; "How will the game turn out?"
Synonyms: turn out
- [verb] come forth or out; "You stick the coins in, but they come out again"; "His hair and teeth fell out"
Synonyms: pop out, fall out
- [verb] take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
Synonyms: place, come in
- [verb] make oneself visible; take action; "Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
Synonyms: come to the fore, step forward, come forward, step up, step to the fore
- [verb] bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
Synonyms: protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out
- [verb] to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality; "This actor outed last year"
Synonyms: of the closet, out
- [verb] be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out"
- [verb] as of teeth, for example; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
Synonyms: erupt, break through, push through