- [adverb] on the negative side; "much was written pro and con"
Synonyms: in opposition
- [noun] an argument opposed to a proposal
- [noun] a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
Synonyms: vict, inmate, jailbird, gaolbird
- [noun] a swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property
Synonyms: bunco, bunco game, bunko, bunko game, fidence trick, fidence game, game, gyp, hustle, sting, flimflam
- [verb] deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
Synonyms: victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp
- [verb] commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
Synonyms: memorize, memorise, learn