- [noun] the desired mineral that is left after impurities have been removed from mined ore
Synonyms: dressed ore
- [noun] a concentrated form of a foodstuff; the bulk is reduced by removing water
- [noun] a concentrated example; "the concentrate of contemporary despair"
- [verb] make (the solvent of a solution) dense or denser
- [verb] direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
Synonyms: focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
- [verb] make central; "The Russian government centralized the distribution of food"
Synonyms: centralize, centralise
- [verb] make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
Synonyms: digest, condense
- [verb] draw together or meet in one common center; "These groups concentrate in the inner cities"
- [verb] compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
Synonyms: condense, contract
- [verb] be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
Synonyms: boil down, reduce, decoct
- [verb] cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
Synonyms: reduce, boil down
steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, absorb, soak up
- zoom in
listen, hear, take heed
encapsulate, capsule, capsulize, capsulise
- tomato concentrate
- evaporated milk
frozen orange juice, orange-juice concentrate