- [noun] disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably; "the army retreated in confusion"
- [noun] a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior; "a confusion of impressions"
Synonyms: mental confusedness, disarray
- [noun] a feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused
- [noun] an act causing a disorderly combination of elements with identities lost and distinctions blended; "the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel"
- [noun] a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another; "he changed his name in order to avoid confusion with the notorious outlaw"
chaos, pandemonium, bedlam, topsy-turvydom, topsy-turvyness
hugger-mugger, mumbo jumbo
daze, fog, haze
- jamais vu
bewilderment, obfuscation, puzzlement, befuddlement, mystification, bafflement, bemusement