- [noun] a mixture of two partially miscible liquids A and B produces two conjugate solutions: one of A in B and another of B in A
- [verb] unite chemically so that the product is easily broken down into the original compounds
- [verb] add inflections showing person, number, gender, tense, aspect, etc.; "conjugate the verb"
- [verb] undergo conjugation
- [adjective] joined together especially in a pair or pairs
- [adjective] of a pinnate leaflet; having only one pair of leaflets
- [adjective] formed by the union of two compounds; "a conjugated protein"
- [adjective] of an organic compound; containing two or more double bonds each separated from the other by a single bond