- [noun] a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall
- [noun] a scientific instrument consisting of displays and an input device that an operator can use to monitor and control a system (especially a computer system)
- [noun] an ornamental scroll-shaped bracket (especially one used to support a wall fixture); "the bust of Napoleon stood on a console"
- [noun] housing for electronic instruments, as radio or television
- [verb] give moral or emotional strength to
Synonyms: comfort, soothe, solace
calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
still, allay, relieve, ease