- [noun] an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
Synonyms: tribunal, judicature
- [noun] the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
- [noun] a specially marked area within which a game is played; "players had to reserve a court in advance"
- [noun] a room in which a law court sits; "television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
- [noun] a yard wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings; "the house was built around an inner court"
- [noun] the residence of a sovereign or nobleman; "the king will visit the duke's court"
- [noun] the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
- [noun] a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area
Synonyms: motor hotel, motor inn, motor lodge, tourist
- [noun] Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
Synonyms: Court, Margaret Court
- [noun] respectful deference; "pay court to the emperor"
- [verb] make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
Synonyms: woo, romance, solicit
- [verb] seek someone's favor; "China is wooing Russia"
- [verb] engage in social activities leading to marriage; "We were courting for over ten years"
chase, chase after
International Court of Justice, World Court
appellate court, appeals court, court of appeals
assizes, court of assize, court of assize and nisi prius
chancery, court of chancery
- criminal court
- divorce court
family court, domestic relations court, court of domestic relations
- federal court
Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, F.I.S.C.
inferior court, lower court
- juvenile court
- kangaroo court
- military court
- moot court
- police court
- probate court
- quarter sessions
- Star Chamber
- superior court
supreme court, state supreme court, high court
- traffic court
- trial court
- Court of Saint James's
Porte, Sublime Porte
- badminton court
- basketball court
- handball court
- squash court
- tennis court
- volleyball court