- [noun] the yield from plants in a single growing season
- [noun] a collection of people or things appearing together; "the annual crop of students brings a new crop of ideas"
- [noun] the output of something in a season; "the latest crop of fashions is about to hit the stores"
- [noun] the stock or handle of a whip
- [noun] a pouch in many birds and some lower animals that resembles a stomach for storage and preliminary maceration of food
- [verb] cut short; "She wanted her hair cropped short"
- [verb] prepare for crops; "Work the soil"; "cultivate the land"
Synonyms: cultivate, work
- [verb] yield crops; "This land crops well"
- [verb] let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
Synonyms: graze, pasture
- [verb] feed as in a meadow or pasture; "the herd was grazing"
Synonyms: browse, graze, range, pasture
- [verb] cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
Synonyms: snip, clip, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back