- [noun] the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy; "the colonies revolted against the Crown"
- [noun] the enamel covered part of a tooth above the gum
- [noun] a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
- [noun] an ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty
- [noun] the part of a hat (the vertex) covering the crown of the head
- [noun] an English coin worth 5 shillings
- [noun] the upper branches and leaves of a tree
Synonyms: capitulum, treetop
- [noun] the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
Synonyms: peak, crest, top, tip, summit
- [noun] the award given to the champion
- [noun] the top of the head
Synonyms: pate, poll
- [noun] the center of a cambered road
- [verb] invest with regal power; enthrone; "The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
- [verb] be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- [verb] form the topmost part of; "A weather vane crowns the building"
- [verb] put an enamel cover on; "crown my teeth"