- [noun] the sound of something crunching; "he heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path"
- [noun] a critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources); "an end-of-the year crunch"; "a financial crunch"
- [noun] the act of crushing
Synonyms: crush, compaction
- [verb] make crunching noises; "his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
Synonyms: scranch, scraunch, crackle
- [verb] press or grind with a crunching noise
Synonyms: cranch, craunch, grind
- [verb] chew noisily; "The children crunched the celery sticks"
- [verb] reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
Synonyms: grind, mash, bray, comminute