- [noun] a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
Synonyms: remedy, curative
- [verb] provide a cure for, make healthy again; "The treatment cured the boy's acne"; "The quack pretended to heal patients but never managed to"
Synonyms: bring around, heal
- [verb] prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve; "cure meats"; "cure pickles"
- [verb] make (substances) hard and improve their usability; "cure resin"
- [verb] be or become preserved; "the apricots cure in the sun"
emetic, vomit, vomitive, nauseant
- magic bullet
ointment, unction, unguent, balm, salve
palliative, alleviant, alleviator
panacea, nostrum, cure-all
preventive, preventative, prophylactic