- [noun] the first light of day; "we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
Synonyms: ing, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow
- [noun] the earliest period; "the dawn of civilization"; "the morning of the world"
- [noun] an opening time period; "it was the dawn of the Roman Empire"
- [verb] become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
Synonyms: click, get through, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place
- [verb] appear or develop; "The age of computers had dawned"
- [verb] become light; "It started to dawn, and we had to get up"