- [adverb] with affection; "she loved him dearly"; "he treats her affectionately"
Synonyms: ly, affectionately
- [adverb] at a great cost; "he paid dearly for the food"; "this cost him dear"
- [noun] a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
Synonyms: beloved, est, loved one, honey, love
- [noun] a sweet innocent mild-mannered person (especially a child)
- [adjective] dearly loved
Synonyms: beloved, darling
- [adjective] with or in a close or intimate relationship; "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
Synonyms: good, near
- [adjective] earnest; "one's dearest wish"; "devout wishes for their success"; "heartfelt condolences"
Synonyms: devout, earnest, heartfelt
- [adjective] having a high price; "costly jewelry"; "high-priced merchandise"; "much too dear for my pocketbook"; "a pricey restaurant"
Synonyms: costly, high-priced, pricey, pricy