- [noun] an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- [noun] a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information"
- [noun] an imperfection in a device or machine; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
Synonyms: fault, flaw
- [noun] a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body); "a facial blemish"
Synonyms: blemish, mar
- [verb] desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitler's army, they were shot"
birth defect, congenital anomaly, congenital defect, congenital disorder, congenital abnormality
- chatter mark
dent, gouge, nick
scratch, scrape, scar, mark
burn, burn mark
smudge, spot, blot, daub, smear, smirch, slur