- [noun] the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state
- [noun] an inclination to want things; "a man of many desires"
- [noun] something that is desired
- [verb] feel or have a desire for; want strongly; "I want to go home now"; "I want my own room"
- [verb] expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
Synonyms: hope, trust
- [verb] express a desire for
crave, hunger, thirst, starve, lust
fancy, go for, take to
wish, wish well
wish, care, like
- feel like
lust after, lech after
hanker, long, yearn
ambition, aspiration, dream
wish, wishing, want
sexual desire, concupiscence, physical attraction
caprice, impulse, whim