- [verb] recognize or perceive the difference
Synonyms: know apart
- [verb] treat differently on the basis of sex or race
Synonyms: separate, single out
- [verb] distinguish; "I could not discriminate the different tastes in this complicated dish"
- [adjective] marked by the ability to see or make fine distinctions; "discriminate judgments"; "discriminate people"
- [adjective] noting distinctions with nicety; "a discriminating interior designer"; "a nice sense of color"; "a nice point in the argument"