- [noun] an official report (usually sent in haste)
Synonyms: despatch, communique
- [noun] the act of sending off something
Synonyms: despatch, shipment
- [noun] the property of being prompt and efficient; "it was done with dispatch"
Synonyms: despatch, expedition, expeditiousness
- [noun] killing a person or animal
- [verb] send away towards a designated goal
Synonyms: despatch, send off
- [verb] complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
Synonyms: discharge, complete
- [verb] kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
Synonyms: murder, slay, hit, bump off, polish off, remove
- [verb] dispose of rapidly and without delay and efficiently; "He dispatched the task he was assigned"
- [verb] kill without delay; "the traitor was dispatched by the conspirators"