- [verb] distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
Synonyms: scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust
- [verb] to cause to separate and go in different directions; "She waved her hand and scattered the crowds"
Synonyms: dissipate, dispel, break up, scatter
- [verb] move away from each other; "The crowds dispersed"; "The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached";
Synonyms: dissipate, scatter, spread out
- [verb] cause to separate; "break up kidney stones"; "disperse particles"
Synonyms: break up, scatter
- [verb] cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news"
Synonyms: circulate, circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, pass around
spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash
sprinkle, splash, splosh
popularize, popularise, vulgarize, vulgarise, generalize, generalise