- [noun] (law) the difference of one judge's opinion from that of the majority; "he expressed his dissent in a contrary opinion"
- [noun] a difference of opinion
- [noun] the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
Synonyms: protest, objection
- [verb] withhold assent; "Several Republicans dissented"
- [verb] express opposition through action or words; "dissent to the laws of the country"
Synonyms: protest, resist
- [verb] be of different opinions; "I beg to differ!"; "She disagrees with her husband on many questions"
Synonyms: disagree, differ, take issue