- [verb] move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
Synonyms: upset, trouble
- [verb] change the arrangement or position of
Synonyms: agitate, vex, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
- [verb] tamper with; "Don't touch my CDs!"
- [verb] destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Don't interrupt me when I'm reading"
- [verb] damage as if by shaking or jarring; "Don't disturb the patient's wounds by moving him too rapidly!"
agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up
perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder