- [noun] a very small circular shape; "a row of points"; "draw lines between the dots"
- [noun] the United States federal department that institutes and coordinates national transportation programs; created in 1966
Synonyms: Department of Transportation, Transportation, DoT
- [noun] the shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code
- [noun] street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
Synonyms: acid, back breaker, battery-acid, dose, Elvis, loony toons, Lucy in the sky with diamonds, pane, superman, window pane, Zen
- [verb] scatter or intersperse like dots or studs; "Hills constellated with lights"
Synonyms: stud, constellate
- [verb] distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
Synonyms: scatter, sprinkle, dust, disperse
- [verb] make a dot or dots
- [verb] mark with a dot; "dot your `i's"