- [noun] an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book or magazine; "it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7"
- [noun] a representation of forms or objects on a surface by means of lines; "drawings of abstract forms"; "he did complicated pen-and-ink drawings like medieval miniatures"
- [noun] the creation of artistic drawings; "he learned drawing from his father"
Synonyms: draftsmanship, drafting
- [noun] players buy (or are given) chances and prizes are distributed according to the drawing of lots
- [noun] act of getting or draining something such as electricity or a liquid from a source; "the drawing of water from the well"
- [noun] the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
Synonyms: draft, draught
delineation, depiction, limning, line drawing
- mechanical drawing
plan, architectural plan
scribble, scrabble, doodle
- stick figure
- lucky dip
numbers pool, numbers game, numbers racket, numbers