- [noun] fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air; "the furniture was covered with dust"
- [noun] the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
Synonyms: debris, junk, rubble, detritus
- [noun] free microscopic particles of solid material; "astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust"
- [verb] remove the dust from; "dust the cabinets"
- [verb] rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape; "The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image"
- [verb] cover with a light dusting of a substance; "dust the bread with flour"
- [verb] distribute loosely; "He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
Synonyms: scatter, sprinkle, dot, disperse