- [verb] to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
Synonyms: stress, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate
- [verb] give extra weight to (a communication); "Her gesture emphasized her words"
Synonyms: underscore, underline, emphasise
- Search for synonyms for EMPHASIZE
- background, play down, downplay
- bring out, set off
- re-emphasise, re-emphasize
- bear down
- point up
- drive home, ram home, press home
- underscore, underline, emphasize, emphasise