- [noun] (physics) the capacity of a physical system to do work; the units of energy are joules or ergs; "energy can take a wide variety of forms"
- [noun] an exertion of force; "he plays tennis with great energy"
Synonyms: vigor, vigour
- [noun] enterprising or ambitious drive; "Europeans often laugh at American energy"
Synonyms: push, get-up-and-go
- [noun] an imaginative lively style (especially style of writing); "his writing conveys great energy"
Synonyms: vigor, vigour, vim
- [noun] a healthy capacity for vigorous activity; "jogging works off my excess energy"; "he seemed full of vim and vigor"
Synonyms: vim, vitality
- [noun] the federal department responsible for maintaining a national energy policy of the United States; created in 1977
Synonyms: Department of Energy, Energy Department, Energy, DOE
activation energy, energy of activation
- alternative energy
atomic energy, nuclear energy
binding energy, separation energy
- chemical energy
electricity, electrical energy
energy level, energy state
- rest energy
heat, heat energy
- mechanical energy
- radiant energy
- second wind
qi, chi, ch'i, ki