- [noun] the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
Synonyms: regard, respect
- [noun] a feeling of delighted approval and liking
- [noun] an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
Synonyms: respect, regard
- [verb] regard highly; think much of; "I respect his judgement"; "We prize his creativity"
Synonyms: respect, value, prize, prise
- [verb] look on as or consider; "she looked on this affair as a joke"; "He thinks of himself as a brilliant musician"; "He is reputed to be intelligent"
Synonyms: think of, repute, regard as, look upon, look on, take to be