- [noun] an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; "an estimate of what it would cost"; "a rough idea how long it would take"
Synonyms: estimation, approximation, idea
- [noun] a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody; "many factors are involved in any estimate of human life"; "in my estimation the boy is innocent"
- [noun] a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
Synonyms: appraisal, estimation
- [noun] a statement indicating the likely cost of some job; "he got an estimate from the car repair shop"
- [noun] the respect with which a person is held; "they had a high estimation of his ability"
- [verb] judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
Synonyms: gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- [verb] judge to be probable
Synonyms: calculate, reckon, count on, figure, forecast
place, put, set
allow, take into account
guess, guesswork, guessing, shot, dead reckoning
overestimate, overestimation, overrating, overreckoning
underestimate, underestimation, underrating, underreckoning
overestimate, overestimation, overvaluation, overappraisal