- [verb] arouse or elicit a feeling
- [verb] act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
- [verb] raise to a higher energy level; "excite the atoms"
Synonyms: energize, energise
- [verb] stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Synonyms: stimulate, stir
- [verb] cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
Synonyms: agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, charge up
- [verb] stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
Synonyms: arouse, sex, turn on, wind up
- [verb] stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
Synonyms: stimulate, shake, shake up, stir
- [verb] produce a magnetic field in; "excite the neurons"
masturbate, wank, fuck off, she-bop, jack off, jerk off
fellate, blow, go down on
disgust, gross out, revolt, repel
hype up, psych up
arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up
frighten, fright, scare, affright
thrill, tickle, vibrate
elate, lift up, uplift, pick up, intoxicate
inspire, animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt