- [noun] gases ejected from an engine as waste products
Synonyms: fumes, fumes
- [noun] system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged
- [verb] wear out completely; "This kind of work exhausts me"; "I'm beat"; "He was all washed up after the exam"
Synonyms: wash up, beat, tucker, tucker out
- [verb] use up (resources or materials); "this car consumes a lot of gas"; "We exhausted our savings"; "They run through 20 bottles of wine a week"
Synonyms: consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, run through, wipe out
- [verb] deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
Synonyms: run down, play out, sap, tire
- [verb] use up the whole supply of; "We have exhausted the food supplies"
- [verb] create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel, etc.)