- [noun] a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
Synonyms: slice, slicing
- [noun] gradually ceasing to be visible
- [verb] become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly; "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- [verb] lose freshness, vigor, or vitality; "Her bloom was fading"
- [verb] disappear gradually; "The pain eventually passed off"
Synonyms: evanesce, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass
- [verb] become feeble; "The prisoner has be languishing for years in the dungeon"